2023 Partners in Prevention Thank you to over 30 statewide organizations, businesses, and associations for joining us this April as a unified voice. •Adoptive & Foster Families of Maine Inc. & The Kinship Program •Alfond Scholarship Foundation •Count ME In •Daniel Hanley Center for Health Leadership •Department of Public Safety •Family Child Care Association of Maine •Fight Crime: Invest In Kids •Kennebec Savings Bank •KidsPeace Foster Care and Community Programs •Maine Association for the Education of Young Children •Maine Association of Nonprofits •Maine Association of Psychiatric Physicians •Maine Bankers Association •Maine Chapter, American Academy of Pediatrics •Maine Chiefs of Police Association •Maine Children's Home •Maine Coalition Against Sexual Assault •Maine Council of Churches •Maine Osteopathic Association •Maine Parent Federation •Maine Roads to Quality Professional Development Network •Maine State Library •Maine State Parent Ambassadors •MaineHealth •Maine Coalition to End Domestic Violence •Maine Primary Care Association •Mission: Readiness •NAMI Maine •National Association of Social Work Maine Chapter •ReadyNation •Sweetser
April is National Child Abuse Prevention Month. Our message is clear: Supportive Communities & Strong Families Prevent Child Abuse & Neglect.Here's how everyone can show their support: Share the message that the well-being of children and families is directly related to if they live in supportive, strong, inclusive, and stable communities. Here's how:
- Take action! Join a Front Porch Project or Protective Factor workshop!
- Connect with your local Prevention Councils, in every county in Maine, for additional events, trainings, and workshops.
- Check off Maine Children's Trust on your State Income Tax form.
- For the month of April, get social for CAP Month:
- Follow the Maine Children's Trust on Facebook and share our posts!
- Update your profile pic to a pinwheel, a symbol of the importance of child abuse prevention efforts.
- Join us on March 31st for Wear Blue Day and post pictures of you and your colleagues wearing blue.
- Tag the Trust @MaineChildrensTrust and use hashtags #CAPMonth #wearblueday2023
For local organizations, join your local Prevention Council's events, activities, and more for the month of April.
For statewide organizations, please join Maine Children's Trust as a Partner in Prevention. As a statewide business, organization, or association you can join our annual public awareness initiative that leverages our collective voice to amplify the message that supportive communities and strong families prevent child abuse.