Do you believe in supporting communities & strengthening families? So do we! April is National Child Abuse Prevention Month. Let's work together to prevent abuse and neglect.Here's how everyone can show their support: Share the message that the well-being of children and families is directly related to if they live in supportive, strong, inclusive, and stable communities. Here's how:
- For the month of April, share on social media:
- The pinwheel as your profile pic, a symbol of the importance of child abuse prevention efforts
- The Trust Facebook posts during April
- A staff picture wearing blue - April 1st is Wear Blue Day
- Tag the Trust @MaineChildrensTrust and use hashtags #CAPMonth #wearblueday2022 #GrowingBetterTogether
- Connect with your local Prevention Councils, in every county in Maine, for additional events, trainings, and efforts happening in April.
- Check off Maine Children's Trust on your State Income Tax form.
If your organization or business signs on as a Partner in Prevention they will:
- Receive signage for your organization or business with prevention messaging.
- Receive a Front Porch Project® of Maine training. Funded in part by donations on behalf of Marissa Kennedy, a child tragically lost to child abuse, this training offers strategies to support families in communities.
- Be included in a press release sharing the Governor's Proclamation for April as Child Abuse Prevention Month.
- Be highlighted as a partner on our Facebook page.
- Be listed on the Trust's website.